Add code language/framework/toolset to app data
I'm drafting a guide for ActivityPub implementers. Note: I'm doing this as a community member--I hope it may eventually form part of a refresh of the activitypub.rocks site or similar, but that's TBD.
I started to add a section on "Potential models and building blocks" with links to different ActivityPub implementations and libraries, broken down according to language (Elixir, PHP, etc.). I'd love to be able to replace that with a link to https://fediverse.party/en/miscellaneous (and then expand that listing as needed).
For implementers, being able to filter by language though would be key. If I'm developing in PHP, that's where I'm going to look first for libraries I can use, code examples, and so on.
So the suggestion would be:
languagesarray to the JSON data.
- Add a filter by language.
A downside might be that code language is not very user friendly. Possible approaches to mitigate that:
- Simple: Don't show the code language filter at first. Instead, have a collapsed
<details>element, "Advanced", and put the code language filters there.
- More complex: Introduce a new top-level filter for the type of user: "User" and "Developer".
- By default:
- "User is checked.
- "Developer Tools" filter is hidden.
- Set of code language filters is hidden.
- All software of type "Developer Tools" is hidden.
- Only if "Developer" is checked to the following happen:
- "Developer Tools" filter is shown.
- Set of code language filters is shown.
- All software of type "Developer Tools" is unhidden (unless other filters hide it).
- By default: